Dover Baptist Church
Pastor’s Job Description
Dover Baptist Church located 30 miles west of Richmond, VA is a caring Christian fellowship of believers. Dover represents the local church in a global effort to "make disciples of all the nations." The mission of Dover Baptist Church is to be a caring fellowship of faith, which strives to honor God by carrying out the five purposes of a Christian church: Worship, Evangelism, Fellowship, Discipleship, and Ministry. We accomplish our Great Commission Mission by working with others – Growing Upward, Outward, Together through the name above all names, Jesus Christ. Dover subscribes to the 1963 Baptist Faith and Message.
Vision/Mission of the Pastor
We are currently seeking a pastor:
- Who, through effective preaching and teaching, makes the gospel relevant to people’s lives. (Jeremiah 3:15)
- The pastor should be excited about his call to ministry at Dover, and have a vision for growth opportunities for our congregation.
- He will faithfully shepherd the members of Dover, seeking their growth and spiritual maturity, and equipping them for the work of the ministry – using others’ gifts and strengths to appropriately delegate.(2 Timothy 2:2, 15-16)
- He will guard against false teaching and straying from the faith. (Romans 12:2)
- He must be in strong agreement with Dover’s Statement of Beliefs, Covenant and Mission.
The candidate should have a graduate degree in Divinity or a similar field of study from an accredited seminary and have a minimum of five years of successful experience in a pastoral leadership role.
Up to $73,000 annually, based on education and experience
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to email@example.com
Final candidates must consent to have background checks by an outside agency.
Please submit resumes by June 30, 2022.